The August box is the first box to launch for Curls and Confidence and we are so excited to bring you such a variety of products and to have partnered with great natural hair brands. The most common question we get is what is it, why did you feature it, and how do I use it! I really want to go through each product and let you learn more about all the amazing qualities they have to offer
What we featured:
Retails : $10- $22 US
- Hydrating Invigorating Shampoo (SLS Free): Gentle cleansing for all hair textures, the shampoo invigorates and cleanses the scalp. Massage the shampoo into the scalp for a few minutes to stimulate hair growth.
- Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner: Deep conditioning and hair repair, use it after shampooing. It helps to smooth the hair and tame frizz. Great to use as a detangler.
- Restore Creamy Conditioning Cleanser: Gently cleanses and infused with restorative essential oils, this is an alternative to the shampoo. Use as a co-wash to refresh the curls and to give a moisturized cleanse.
- Hydrate Creamy Leave-in styling smoother: For natural and transitioning hair types, use ultra creamy leave styling smoother for all wash and wear styles to smooth your cuticle, tame frizz and create soft shiny hair. Use for double strand twists, and all wash and wear styles for curl deﬁnition.
- Incredible Curls: Styling cream for fine to medium curly hair. Incredible Curls will give your hair the moisture and curl definition you are looking for to maintain those curls, tame the frizz, and truly makes your curls incredible.
Curl defining cream: Composed of shea butter, avocado, and jojoba oil, this versatile cream elongates tight curls and defines looser curls without leaving any residue .The Curl defining cream is best to use near the ends where the curls are tighter and need a good stretch.
Nourish and Shine: Nourish and Shine is a blend of all-natural butters with vitamins and essential oils, this remarkable hair nourisher is ideal for medium to coarse hair.This is great if you experience dry patches, or if you are looking for a gentle and natural edge control. Very moisturizing and a little goes a long away!
Why we featured them: Jane Carter Solution is all about loving your hair naturally and providing hair care products for humanity ! They are vegan, all natural, and cruelty-free so you can feel good about supporting a brand that is doing some social and environmental good. As well their products are good for all hair types. They offer a wide range of products and put natural and very rich ingredients that focus on restoring and nourishing the hair.
How to use them: Jane Carter provides the ultimate hair regime. Start by using the shampoo and conditioner, and alternate the shampoo for the restore creamy conditioning cleanser as a co-wash. What I love about their shampoo and co-wash is that it really cleanses and leaves the hair hydrated and it does not strip the hair of moisture. All the creams hydrate, some are thicker and provide more moisture and some are more for styling. The August box gives you the opportunity to experience Jane Carter Solution, and you can play around with all the different styling creams and see what works best for you.
What we featured: Up North Naturals 8-Oil is a hydrating oil blend of nourishing and potent oils for dry hair. The 8-oil contains:
Why we feature them:
Up North Naturals products are 100% all natural with no mineral oil or synthetic color or fragrances, and they are Canadian 🍁. We love them because they believe all natural hair textures are beautiful and encourage the use of all-natural products to maintain healthy hair. Why we decided to feature this amazing product is because oils have so many great benefits for the hair. They help to seal in moisture and penetrate deeper into the hair follicles than a cream can. The 8-oil contains so many nourishing and hydrating oils in one bottle it is the ideal product for dry natural hair. (Gentlemen you can use it on your beard too)
How to use it:
Best to use the 8-oils during the L.O.C method (leave-in-conditioner, Oil, Cream), oils are great to use heated as a hot oil treatment. Heat opens the hair cuticles and the oils are able to work twice as hard and the hair can absorb more nutrients. Great to use for Locs and protective styles to encourage growth. The 8-oil is one of my personal favorites to use at night time before I wrap it with a silk scarf. You want to add this to your hair routine!